Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Thursday, June 05, 2008

4:00 - berries available, list of veggies for Saturday, honey arrived yesterday, dipping strawberries

Hi gang,

4 flats left at the stand at 4:00. We’ll pick until we drop tomorrow and Saturday for the graduation festivities. Congratulations to those students who are movin’ up or movin’ on. Such an exciting time of year!

Petaluma Bounty Farmer’s Corner

Here’s what’s headed our way on Saturday……
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Radish
  • Japanese turnips
  • Basil
  • Cilantro
  • Rainbow chard
  • Collards
  • Possibly a few bunches of flowers
Stay tuned. Tomorrow I’ll have recipes and info. about the veggies for you. I can personally vouch for the yummy turnips. I have never tried baby turnips, nor had any idea what to do with them. Per Amy’s suggestion, I chopped the greens and turnips, and sautéed them with garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. They were awesome. I can’t wait to cook up more this week!

The honey arrived!!! We have ½ lb, 1 lb and the cute bear sizes. Let me know if you need the larger 2 lb or 3 lb sizes and I’ll check to see if we can get them.

I’ll bring in a limited amount of our dipping variety of strawberries on Friday and Saturday. These are firmer, hold better with handling, and are large in size. Perfect for dipping if you have a grad party or get together this weekend. If you want us to hold some for you let me know.

Cheers!

Sally Strawberry
Carstensen Farms

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home