Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Open @ 12:15, BLUEBERRIES, plums

Hi gang!

I’m sure this heat is doing a number on my berries!! I’ll be open today AND the schedule for the rest of the week is up in the air. Look on the bright side….. 100 degree temps for days should cook out my bad bugs.

I don’t know how many strawberries I’ll have today. Heat is definitely not good for them. I’ll open the gate at 11:30 and come in at 12:15 with berries. We’ll stay till we’re sold out.

I DO have BLUEBERRIES today! If you want them, please plan on being there at 12:15 to get them before we run out. We got this batch picked and in the fridge on Monday. Blueberries are not as perishable as strawberries. You can keep them a few weeks (if you don’t devour them first). I’ve packed our in a larger clamshell than those you see in the store. Ours hold a lot more and are full to the top. They may seem more expensive but…. you’re getting more delicious berries! We had blueberry pancakes for dinner last night ---- awesome and delicious .

Plums will be available today. I picked them yesterday and put them in the fridge for you. Get ‘em while I have ‘em. The tree has about 2 more harvests on it before we’re thru. The good news……. we’ll have the oblong shaped Italian plums this year. They’re really sweet and firm from what I’ve been told. Mom’s tree has NEVER produced. The cold weather must be just what this tree needed.

Bewitching Blueberry Pancakes

1 1/4 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c. milk
3 tbsp. oil
1/2 c. washed & drained blueberries

Sift together dry ingredients. Beat egg and milk together and add to dry ingredients with oil. DO NOT OVER MIX. Stir only until dry ingredients are moist. As you stir in blueberries (this is the magic part) say three times: "Gobble dee gook With a wooden spoon, The laugh of a toad At the height of the moon!" Pour on a hot griddle and watch.

Cheers!

Sally Strawberry
Carstensen Farms

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home