Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Open @ 10:00, time your visits, honey arrived, Petaluma Bounty

If it seems like harvest conditions change in an instant, you’re right! We’re moving into our summer harvest where it becomes more challenging to find ripe berries. We usually slow down in mid June – right about now. It’s possible that our hours will change next week to closed on Thursday and possibly opening at 12:30 instead of 10:00. I’ll keep you updated as always. I monitor the harvest daily and make my scheduling decisions based on what I see coming in.

For today, time your visits to my deliveries to up your chances of taking home your strawberry prize. I’ll come in at 10:00, 12:30, and a little before 2:00. I’ll deliver berries to Petaluma Bounty at 11:00 and possibly 1:00 only. I really have to guess how many to bring to the Bounty site since we don’t know how many folks prefer to go there. Don’t get miffed with the great folks over there when we run out, they can only sell what I give them. J

I took home some AWESOME broccoli from Petaluma Bounty yesterday. Give yourself a treat and try it. We watched Amy harvest it and I ate it about 7 hours after. You will NEVER find anything more tasty. My favorite part was how sweet the stem was. My hubby and I fought over it!!! If you appreciate fresh food and want farming to continue in your neighborhood, you really must try the goodies at Petaluma Bounty. Every time I pick up something I get inspired to cook and create!

Honey has arrived once more. We have a limited qty of 1 lb jars, 12 (1/2 lb) jars AND 3 (3 lb) jars. If you’re interested in the 3 lb size please ask - it’s too large to put on the display but we’ll be happy to hook you up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home