Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Thursday, June 14, 2012

News from Sally Strawberry..... Petaluma Bounty farm stand, strawberry plants, eggs, and more!

Hi all,

 

Gosh I miss writing these……

 

Petaluma Bounty

 

Promised I would pass on the great news….. Petaluma Bounty’s opening day for their farm stand will be tomorrow, Friday from 4 – 7pm.  I’m told they have basil, other herbs, lettuce, kale, collards, Japanese turnips, chard and ???  I KNOW they will have 5 dozen of my very own Carstensen Farms free range eggs!  If you’ve been following along, pondering an “egg family” membership and want to give them a try first – now’s your chance J

 

If you happen to have some free time and love to garden or would like to get your hands into the soil…. Petaluma Bounty can always use volunteers.  Check out their website at www.petalumabounty.org.  I personally love the assortment of crops and the friendly folks you meet there.   I had a blast teaching a strawberry growing workshop last year and helping folks learn how to tend their own plants.

 

Strawberries

 

Speaking of STRAWBERRIES…. Yes I still grow some, but NOT 60,000!  I’m a home gardener now.  All my berries go to my family and extended “egg family” membership.  With 400 strawberry plants, 250 blueberry plants and 210 chickens (plus 100 more coming), and a rototiller that keeps tilling more soil and forcing me to plant seeds, I keep myself out of trouble!

 

If you want to try your hand at growing your own luscious strawberries I can help!  Check out my website at www.carstensenfarms.net   All the ordering instructions are there.  I’ve reserved strawberry crowns for this season and will distribute them to home gardeners from my home on Saturday, September 8th.  If you find you need some help -  check out the workshop on September 15th at Petaluma Bounty or sign up for online coaching to receive emails from me throughout the season.  Last year over 2600 crowns went home with folks for their very own back yards!  And…. if you’ve bought plants at a garden center and didn’t have much luck…. don’t give up!!  You simply didn’t have all the pieces of the puzzle. 

 

The MOST awesome gardening tool EVER!

 

I have a CobraHead hand weeding tool and I LOVE it.  I can honestly say it’s the best tool I’ve ever used.  I pitched all my trowels and claw type tools!  I use this thing to weed and to make transplant holes.  I transplanted all 400 strawberry plants with it and didn’t have any hand fatigue.  I can’t say enough about it.  You’ve got to check out their website at www.cobraheadllc.com for the pictures, videos and details.  Mere words from me won’t do it justice.  The BEST part is…. I’m ordering them in bulk and can get us all tools at a discount from the CobraHead web price.  

 

If you want in on the bulk order:

Go to my website, click on the tool picture and reserve yours to order with the group and get the discount.  

 

Seriously…. I have one tool and want one more PLUS a long handled one!  I think everyone in my family who gardens will get one for Christmas this year J

 

Eggs

 

Since I ordered 100 more chicks (crazy farm woman) I’ll have room to welcome more folks to the “egg family”.  If you’d like to know more about my membership and possibly join the 60 families who enjoy Carstensen Farms eggs already, tag me back and I’ll send you the scoop.  You can also check out the “Eggs” page on the website www.carstensenfarms.net   I have members with all kinds of schedules – weekly, every other week, 1x per month, once every 3 weeks.  There’s a spot for everyone who sincerely wants to connect to the local farm that produces their food.

 

 

Cheers!

 

Sally

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home