Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Sunday, May 06, 2007

YOU folks are the BEST!!!

Hi gang,

I just LOVE my berry buddies!!! SOOOOO many of you have responded to my "come and get 'em" message AND called and emailed your friends to get the word out. I am overwhelmed and so very appreciative. You are simply..... AWESOME. You don't know how much it means to ask for help and get it. I love, love, love you guys! Just imagine what we could do if each person told just one other person. I'll be picking 24/7 LLOLOLOLLLLOLL

Thank you also to each of you who take the time to tell me how much you enjoy the berries, how you called a friend, how you brought some to a neighbor, and for the precious email messages with such positive words about our berries. You don't know how much that means to me when I'm out picking as fast as my fingers will go, or making another trip back and forth to the stand. You keep the fire going.

YOU folks deserve something more from me. I'm going to stay open every weekday till 6:00 thru May and early June. The only time I'll close before 6:00 is if I run out or the crop slows down due to heat or rain. Only my berry buddies and their friends will know about this.

Quick note about the honey..... it's coming TODAY!!! I miss it too :)

Thanks again!!!

Cheers,

Sally Strawberry

Sweet Strawberry Shortcake

1 1/2 c. sifted flour minus 3 tbsp.
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. shortening
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. milk or water
Strawberries or other fruit

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together 3 times. Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs; add dry ingredients and milk alternately, beating until smooth after each addition. Pour into 2 greased cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Turn out and cool. Cover one layer with sweetened fruit. Cover with other cake layer and cover with fruit. Top with whipped cream. Serves 6-8.

Sweet Berry Bread

2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 c. crushed, hulled fresh strawberries
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Stir together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; set aside. In medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar and almond extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add flour mixture and berries, mixing only until blended. Grease an 8"x4"x2" loaf pan, then line with wax paper and grease paper. Turn batter into pan, smoothing top with spoon. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread stand in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on rack. peel paper and turn right side up to cool. When cold, wrap air tight and let bread stand 1 day before slicing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home