Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Location #2 - need feedback!

Remember the previous messages about a second location????? That idea is still on the table......IF I can show overwhelming support from you to my carpenter hubby. In other words, he'll try to fit it in with all the spring madness farmers experience if I show him the positive support I get back from you.

Here's the scoop........we are thinking of paving the entry (yes PAVING) at our home location - on Ely Rd. North towards Old Redwood Hwy and converting an outbuilding into a stand.

Is this a good idea? How many of you will be able to get berries more often with this other location?

What about the days and hours? I am considering a similar schedule as the Casa stand - daily from 10:30 - 5:30, closed Tuesday. It's on the table if we should close in July when the crop is down. If I had to streamline the days and hours to accomodate labor, harvest, etc. what would you like?? I had thought about W, F, S, Sn from 12 - 5:30 but I want to know what you need first.

On paper everything looks good until you try to DO it!!! I'll be the runner/delivery girl + staffing a second stand and everything that goes with it. A new adventure!!! Ya gotta love it!

Sally Strawberry

Labels: