Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Open Today and Mon 5/28 - Closed

Yahoooo gang,

Ma Nature has set it up perfectly for me to take........ A DAY OFF!!!! We will be closed on Monday, 5/28. We will harvest the entire field today, snagging any juicy berries before days end. We will be there today until the berries are plucked clean from the field and the stand!! I might bring in my 2 other types of berries if we're running low. They're testers for next year. I'll have them clearly labeled and have tasters to try. I want your feedback :) One of these could cover our July shortage next year.

Why do I get to take the day off???? Because I'm a lazy farmer and haven't seen my rocking chair in days LOLOLO. Seriously though, the 80 degree plus days we had roasted some of the berries on our toasty black plastic. Then, the cool fog is ripening them slowly, allowing us to pick the field clean (a good thing). We picked the field completely thru on Fri, Sat and will again today. The berries simply need a couple days to ripen fully and build sugars. THIS is perfect weather for slow ripening, extremely sweet berries. I can't wish for anything better!

Me...... I'll catch up on the mountains of laundry, unopened mail, weed eat the 7 foot tall foxtail around my yard AND sleep in till 6AM. Life is great!!! I'll manage to enjoy weed whacking ( I always do) and get some time in with my horse and family, clean the barn and enjoy the farm (we have a new calf due any day). I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! See you on Wednesday.

Cheers!

Sally Strawberry

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home