Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday, 9/18 - Ooops, forgot the time in my last message

Silly me….. I keep forgetting to include the time I’ll be open. Today, Thursday, we’ll open at 12:15 and stay until 2:00 or when sold out. Yesterday we made it until 2:00.

Friday I’ll come in at 12:15 as well and stay till 3:00 if we still have berries.

Friday COULD be our last day. I’ll find out today when I see how far we’ve gotten thru the field at noon.

The berries are coming in really soft and quite juicy. Could be good if you’re eating them right away or freezing. Not so good if you intend to keep them for a few days. I took some home yesterday and noticed some were soft but I find that happens every year at this time. They just can’t hold up and many of them are on the small side. The poor plants have just about run out of steam for the year.

I’m getting that Fall clean up feeling and am soooo ready to put the old berry patch to bed. We need to strip the tops of the beds of plants, lift and pull plastic, disc and prep the field, and sow a cover crop. We can’t let Ma Nature sneak in some rain on the Adobe!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home