Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Thursday, May 28, 2009

REMEMBER opening at 12:15 instead of 10::00

Just a reminder….. I’ll bring in berries at 12:15 instead of 10:00 for the rest of the season. IF I am pleasantly surprised within the next 2 weeks and have enough to keep us fully stocked from 10 – 6, I’ll let you know and open earlier. The shortage is due to the heavy frost we had on April 29th that wiped out 50% of the existing blossoms. Blossom to fruit is 25 – 30 days so….. this is the result. I’m truly sorry if the change makes it difficult for you – I’m trying to keep the stand stocked for a consistent time period instead of running out every hour and disappointing people. Last year we changed our schedule on June 15th so we’re about 2 ½ weeks early this year.

On the flip side….. I still see blossoms out there! This is a crazy year overall. I may have decent amounts of fruit in late June and some of July. Time will only tell.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home