Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

OPEN harvest depending on heat CHICKS have arrived!!

We’re open as usual today. I’ll manage the field based on the temperature today. Berries become soft and are difficult to snap off without bruising when the day is hot. We start at 6:00 and will go as long as we can. There will definitely be berries at 10:00 and 12:30. I’ll update you later about the afternoon.

I’m sooooo excited about the new chicks!!! I just brought home 60 new babies that range in age from 1 week to 4 ½ weeks old. We should have fresh eggs in September. I’ll write a memo regarding the eggs and send it to the folks who responded back requesting eggs or more information. I received a HUGE response back and I expect to have a waiting list.

I thought I would share a tested, “best tasting smoothie recipe ever” from a berry customer I received.

Carrine says…. unlike most recipes for smoothies, this one does not use ice. Take a handful or two of your frozen (incredible!) berries and toss in blender, then add one halved frozen banana, and then pour in enough Silk Vanilla Soy Milk to cover fruit. Turn on blender and blend until you get the desired consistency adding more Soy as needed. Due to your berries being so sweet, no sugar is needed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home