Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

OPEN, blueberries available today, CLOSED tomorrow, see us at the Sonoma Marin fair

The strawberries look great considering the heat we had yesterday. We should have a good harvest today with a fully stocked stand till 6:00. I’ll try for that at least!!

My first batch of blueberries are at the stand right now. If you’ve been waiting for them, now’s your chance. This variety produces berries of all sizes so you’ll have a mixture in each container. We have 2 cases to start. I may harvest again tomorrow or Friday depending on what is ripe. I’ll let you know when the next harvest is due to arrive.

We are sold out of honey today EXCEPT for 1 large 3 lb size. I put a call in to the O’Honey gang and they’ll bring more when it’s bottled.

REMINDER – I’m closed tomorrow – THURSDAY. We will be closed every Tues/Thurs until August. I’m still opening at 10:00 this week. If we see slower harvest time I start opening at 12:30 next week.

We’re participating in the Farm to Table Agriculture Showcase at the Sonoma Marin Fair on Thursday. If you’re there stop by and check out all the wonderful farm products. Visit the livestock area to see the FFA and 4-H members showing their projects. My daughter will show her jerseys all day from 8 – 3. There’s even free Clover ice cream from 1 – 4!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home