Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

5:00, Wed 5/6 OPEN with 7 flats available Twitter info. Open tomorrow

Hi all,

First off, there are 7 flats still available and looking for homes. My daughter will be happy to help you adopt them J

Next, Twitter will not replace my emails. No worry. Twitter folks will get the updates faster because I only have to write 1 line of text, and I don’t have to cut and paste to fit 1100 contacts into messages. My emails will always be there for you, how would I fulfill my need for farmer chatter and distribute recipes without it??? (that’s right, you need some recipes tomorrow) Follow Twitter if you like, email if you like – be happy – that’s my only objective.

We will be open tomorrow at 10:00. I’m sad to report that the weather has really done a number on our lovely crop. Huge, beautiful berries are starting to mold or get severe brown spot from all the rain. Some of the white berries that would be red in a few days also have brown spot. They can take a small amount of rain but not 3 days of it. The plants will take on excess water and the berries will not have the concentrated sweetness until we dry up a bit. It’s as if we overwatered for 3 days straight – something I NEVER do. That’s one of my secrets to growing the berries you love. When Ma Nature waters I have to take what I can get. Keep your fingers crossed for clear weather!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home