Carstensen Farms

Sweetest Organic Strawberries in Town! Located at 490 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma Across from Casa Grande High School

Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Map

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Open with 1 load at 12:30, Bounty Produce available 12 - 2, small qty of blueberries

I’ll have just 1 load of berries today. Not really sure how many flats I’ll have. It’s that July time when everything is in flux for the berries. If the qty is low today we’ll move to our W,F,Sn open schedule and close on M, T, Th, and Sat. Won’t know until I see what comes out of the field! I’ll keep you posted as usual J

I’ve got 1 ½ cases of blueberries for today. I’m waiting on my next 4 rows for a few more days – they’ve got to come up in flavor first. When those start to roll in we should have plenty for everyone! I may be able to snag some of them this week. I’m keeping an eye on them (and tasting a few of course).

Petaluma Bounty will be will us again today with their mobile market stand. They had a gorgeous variety of produce last Wed and Taylor was kept very busy! Thanks so much for supporting this wonderful program in our community.

Here’s what will be available today:
Coming from farms within 100 miles
Peaches ready to eat in 2 days
Nectarines ready to eat in a day
Apricots REALLY delicious!!
Fuji apples
Red table grapes
Slicing Tomatoes
Direct from Petaluma Bounty
Basil bunches (pulled from roots) will stay in water for 1 week
Lettuce – huge heads (this lettuce is awesome)
Carrots
Purplette onions
Chives
Countyline Organic Farm – Marin county grower
Rainbow chard
Savoy Spinach
Broccoli
Yellow onions
Yukon gold
Squash (baby mix size)
Baby golden beets

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home